NEWS RELEASE: Kosair Charities to grant $15,000 to Shively Area Ministries in virtual press conference
What: A virtual press conference hosted by Kosair Charities and Shively Area Ministries (SAM) was recorded this week, discussing a $15,000 grant awarded to Shively Area Ministries to support their It Takes a Village program. Special guests include Keith Inman, President of Kosair Charities, and Gary Copeland, Executive Director of Shively Area Ministries.
Why: The It Takes a Village program provides financial assistance, along with education and empowerment support for those engaged in kinship care. Our community has seen great increase in relatives and friends raising children who were not born to them. Since 1923, Kosair Charities has helped enhance the health and well-being of kids through financial support for healthcare, research, education, social services, and child advocacy. Since 1988, Shively Area Ministries has worked to assist individuals and families in the 40216 zip code by fulfilling basic needs including: food, clothing, and financial assistance for utilities, housing, transportation, and prescription medications.
- You Tube – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ndtDeyROXY&feature=youtu.be
- Google Drive Virtual (mp4 file)– https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JPn6vYaekAkHsHIWcBs_9juwkyFUqOeM/view?usp=sharing
* All Recorded video footage, quotes, and images may be utilized across all media mediums and channels.
- Keith Inman, President of Kosair Charities
- Gary Copeland, Executive Director of Shively Area Ministries
- Kaitlin White, Communication Director, Kosair Charities
Contact: For follow up quotes, photos, headshots or interview opportunities with Keith, or Gary please contact:
Lindsay Wehr, Senior VP of Strategy & Outreach
Kosair Charities, email@example.com, 502-637-7696 ext. 103
Gary Copeland, Executive Director
Shively Area Ministries, firstname.lastname@example.org, 502-447-4330 ext. 34