Louisville, KY— December 3, 2019 — Kosair Charities Advisory Council, composed of 20 distinguished community members, announced the recipients of their fiscal year 2020 grant awards. Eight recipient organizations were selected after an extensive application and interview process. This year, the Advisory Council will be awarding $300,000 in grant funding to these partner agencies, a portion of the full grant commitments of Kosair Charities.
“The dedication to serving children in need is truly commendable and impressive,” said Bob Bonsutto, Kosair Charities Advisory Council member. “We are honored to be able to support these agencies as they work to enhance the health and well-being of our community’s children.”
The Advisory Council supports Kosair Charities and the Board of Directors by increasing community engagement and awareness of Kosair Charities’ mission to enhance the health and well-being of children. The Council also is dedicated to supporting organizations that provide healthcare, research, education, social services and child advocacy to children and families in our community.
“Kosair Charities’ impact in the community, through our organization, will ensure longevity for our youths’ future through today’s actions,” said Anthony Richardson of Inside the Lines Training. “With this grant, we are able to reach more students effectively, and provide adequate tutoring, athletic training, and mentoring for our scholars.”
The following grants were announced at a press conference Tuesday morning:
- City Schoolhouse ($50,000) – Strengthen children and families by empowering them through active and individualized education, fostering a love of learning and renewing their community through its people.
- 2NOT1 Fatherhood & Families, Inc. ($46,574) – Promote the safety and well-being of children by implementing strategies that keep fathers involved and families together.
- Orchid House, Inc. ($46,426) – Therapeutic and medical day center for young children facing behavior/emotional and health challenges to allow intense intervention and socialization with peers. Committed in advocating for high-risk children to increase the possibilities of bright future.
- Purpose Inc. ($42,000) – Inspire and equip at-risk youth to find their purpose through music, art, technology and sports and to take an active role in reshaping the culture.
- Inside the Lines Training ($30,000) – Enrich student-athletes with tolls to excel academically; to develop characteristics of leadership, while enhancing their athletic foundation.
- River City Drum Corp Cultural Arts Institute Inc. ($30,000) – Enhance the development of African-American families with children through education, arts and culture.
- Southwest Community Ministries ($30,000) – Unites community partners to ensure the support of our neighbors who find themselves in crisis to strengthen the Southwest community by playing an integral part in alleviating the burden of crisis and poverty in the area.
- Family Scholar House, Inc. ($25,000) – Aims to end the cycle of poverty and transform our community by empowering families and youth to succeed in education and achieve life-long self-sufficiency.
Kaitlin Blessitt, Executive Director of Orchid House shared, “We cannot fully express the phenomenal impact this awarded grant will have on our organization’s infrastructure and ability to serve more children in need. Kosair Charities truly understands what it takes to run a successful organization and they have instrumentally helped provide us with the tools necessary to support our West Louisville community.”
MEDIA NOTE: To schedule a time to interview Keith Inman, members of the Advisory Council, or organizations receiving grants, please notify Lindsay Wehr at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Kosair Charities: Since 1923, Kosair Charities has helped children reach their potential while overcoming obstacles. Kosair Charities enhances the health and well-being of children by delivering financial support for healthcare, research, education, social services, and child advocacy. We envision a world in which children in need live life to the fullest. For more information, please visit kosair.org.