Louisville, KY— December 5, 2018—Kosair Charities Advisory Council, composed of seventeen distinguished community members, announced the recipients of their 2019 Gifts and Grants awards. Eight recipient organizations were selected after an extensive application and interview process. The total amount of all awards is $300,000, a piece of the full 2019 grant commitments by Kosair Charities.
“On a daily basis, there are hundreds of non-profits in Kentucky and Southern Indiana doing incredible and selfless work,” said Bob Bonsutto, Chair of Kosair Charities Advisory Council. “To have the opportunity to meet so many of these organizations and individuals, and support their diverse work with children through these grants, is so meaningful.”
The Advisory Council exists to help advise the Kosair Charities Board of Directors, and each year collectively receives selects grant recipients. “We at Louisville TKO are honored to be a recipient of Kosair Charities Advisory Council Grant. Our mission is to empower the youth of Louisville to build successful futures through a structured boxing program, positive reinforcement, academic support, and connection to the community,” said Joe Reeves, TKO board member. “The funds that we have been awarded through this grant, will help us extend this mission to a new footprint of youths in the community, and for that, we are very grateful.”
The following grants were announced at a press conference Wednesday morning:
- Help Us Grow ($25,000) – Incorporates character development and confidence building components to help struggling readers become confident grade level readers, thus improving their life’s trajectory.
- Louisville Visual Arts ($25,000) – Improves lives through visual art education, community outreach, and artist support. LVA seeks to engage, inspire, and improve our community through the arts.
- Living Faith Community Development Center ($28,434) – Dedicated to improving the quality of live for Louisville residents via the following principles: safe communities, development and personal empowerment for our families.
- Commonwealth Theatre Center ($34,704) – Develops youth and our community through excellence in comprehensive theatre education and performance.
- George’s Scholar Institute ($35,000) – Works to embrace, educate and empower youth in Louisville.
- Sowing Seeds With Faith ($41,192) – Paring diverse youth academically and socially for the adverse moments in life by instilling accountability, expectations, structure and faith.
- Black Community Development Corporation ($49,650) – Fosters social and economic empowerment to distressed communities in Louisville.
- Louisville TKO, Inc. ($61,020) – Empowers youth to build successful futures through a structured boxing program, positive reinforcement, academic support, and connection to the community.
“The Impact of this grant honestly is hard to put into words. As a grassroots organization, to see this actually come to fruition is beyond my wildest dreams,” said DaMarrion Fleming, president & founder of Sowing Seeds With Faith. “This grant will academically push youth in the right direction with a new level of accountability that we can put on both youth and parents.”
MEDIA NOTE: To schedule a time to interview Keith Inman, members of the Advisory Council, or organizations receiving grants, please notify Lindsay Wehr at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Kosair Charities: Since 1923, Kosair Charities has had one primary mission – helping children in need. We know that the quality of a child’s tomorrow depends largely on the quality of health, medical treatment, and support a child receives today. Kosair Charities supports pediatric agencies in our community by donating funding for research, clinical services, health education and care each year. For more information, please visit kosair.org